• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

What's for Dinner?

It was my turn to water the greens at the office, and went a-viking downtown. Phat lootz for the week: country chorizo, common chorizo and poor-man's porky odd cuts

1590140598610.png

they're both excellent - and even though paprika-rich chorizo does exist, this is not the same as is called chorizo in spain and portugal, but the standard of the rio de la plata basin, a quite different animal, another taste - for grill or stew. More towards an Italian salciccia in composition and flavour. One of my favourite butcher shops is Croatian and they make this sort, very nice and very close to the original.

off cuts are one of the most flavourful (and cheap, because they don't look nice and regular for selling) cuts, probably because they're rich in fat, about like belly or cheek, a bit bacony in taste - so I try to do as little as possible to them: on a grill or a hot plate with a sprinkling of sea salt :)

I'll take pork off cuts, called around here poor man's filet, before chops or ham

This is where the last fresh ended up. Zucchini boats: fresh chorizo filling mixed with aged scottish cheddar
20200601_183814.jpg

Snacking with me fam - this time I only contributed with my appreciation:
7 sorts cheese (2 basque, 2 swedish, 2 french, 1 spanish), 2 sorts salami, guacamole, spanish olives, rye sourdough, 5 sorts home-made ice-cream, a riesling and 2 nice french reds, and 2 sorts rhum: Zacapa (too sweet for me) and Diplomático (which hit the right spot)
IIRC, ice-creams were 2 different pistacchio, fluffy apple, fluffy calvados, coconut

20200612_115654.jpg
20200612_115617.jpg
20200612_115559.jpg

Last edited:
Say, cheese! Left to right: apple cheddar, maasdamer, são miguel, vesterhavs, gruyere, ubriaco birra rossa (aged in red ale) - cracklings and two pizza bianche. Great raid! Phat lootz! I'm a good viking cat :yum:

20200617_115334.jpg

Breakfast. Champions. :cool:
experimenting with a new flour, rustic, stone-milled: scandinavian-style scones with lemony curdled milk, kefir, lingonberries, musli, mate
IMG_20200725_100310_944.jpg

The little one turned 40 (that's him in the pic) and we were at the cousin's place for some eating and drinking: Hven gin (Navy Strength) for the aperitif, a selection of cheeses (6 different kinds, sry I missed taking a pic in time, so leftovers there) good wheat levain, some nice wines I'd been saving, reindeer meatballs amatriciana, gnocchi with provolone, mango cheesecake with raspberry sauce (courtesy of the hostess), Illeách whisky. and then his presents, which all were of the liquid sort ;)
lu40hermitage.jpglu40hvengin1.jpglu40cheeses.jpglu40gnocchimeatballs.jpglu40mangocheesecake.jpglu40hvengin2.jpglu40donpaparum.jpglu40pauljohnoloroso.jpg

A couple of microbrews and pinot noirs with the son, and then over to the niece's for a dinner of apple crumble and apple cake, with coffee and gin (her gf has a couple of apple trees and she's out of ideas of what to do with so much apple - apples in some form or another for breakfast, lunch and supper ;))
IMG-20201014-WA0001.jpg

she was making spinach and ricotta ravioloni at the same time - we suggested she use some apple in the filling too - she then took a pic of the two old codgers in the muppet show, offering free constructive advice - that's us doing our best to look the part :p

IMG-20201014-WA0005.jpg

Last edited:
Back