• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

ESO One Tamriel

LordStarfox

Snacks-Snacks-Snacks-Snacks-Snacks-Snacks-Snacks
Slayer of Spam
Sounds like something that should have been a thing from the start http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3
TL;DR
  • You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time, including other Alliances
  • Characters will have their level scaled, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal
  • You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish
  • “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
More info should be coming out later, didn't see any mention of release date yet.

Last edited:
Yea, the complete separation of alliances and the lousy inventory system really killed that game. JCool and I went back a few weeks ago and I was having fun until my bag got full. So much stuff and I didn't know what to do with any of it.

• You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time, including other Alliances
  • Characters will have their level scaled, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal
This 2 is what made Boogirl, sarsen, Rob *Boo's friend* and me stop playing the game, it was to hard to play i party. A reason we love playing GW2 witch have it this way.
Might give it a try again.

Yea, the complete separation of alliances and the lousy inventory system really killed that game. JCool and I went back a few weeks ago and I was having fun until my bag got full. So much stuff and I didn't know what to do with any of it.

Yeah it's a game that absolutely requites mods to even think about playing. I mean stuff doesn't even stack in inventory automatically. Really! I mean it's the only game where mods don't just enhance the player experience....they ARE the player experience.

I was actually considering trying this for the first time but not really sure I want to if the inventory is that annoying to deal with.

I was actually considering trying this for the first time but not really sure I want to if the inventory is that annoying to deal with.
ESO is a great game. It's no TSW, but the questing/stories are enjoyable and there's so much content... sooooo much content.
If you're thinking of getting into it (and it plays great even as a single player experience) I'd try to wait it out until September when they're releasing a new box with all the current DLC for $60. I actually won my copy in a raffle back closer to the b2p swap, and am thinking of grabbing this if I can when it is released.

What about the horrible phasing? is it still there?
Nope. That was addressed awhile back and to my understanding isn't an issue anymore. ESO remains ESO, but it really shows that Zeni is a bigger company backed by Bethesda insomuch as they've added a lot of fixes and tweaks and polish to the game since release. Honestly, it is one of the few MMOs where the quality and polish have increased as it got older. It isn't my favorite game in the world, but in terms of comparison to the larger world of MMOs it has the kind of story and rich world-building that make up for smaller annoyances and dislikes. Hell, the skill/build system is pretty close to what TSW does.

The biggest benefit, for me, has been the lowered bar for progression. At launch ESO was really grindy, and there was a big push/pull between exploring on your own and using addons/maps to "find everything". You kinda had to find everything to properly progress (or grind a lot... so why not experience stories?) back then whereas today those xp bars have been lowered to allow you to actually explore without worrying about falling behind because you missed a few quests that aren't marked on the map at all. Then for "endgame" the elimination of vet ranks and opening of content gates has been awesome. My super-casual character ended up just totally in grind-hell when the vet ranks were still in effect. As soon as they were removed I started enjoying the game again since I wasn't constantly at a crazy power disadvantage due to my less-than hardcore style/investment.

It still remains a somewhat strange feeling like you're playing many separate TES games in succession. Many storylines have vague implications for the larger world. Most of what you do is rather self-contained in the zone/questline you're engaged with. Some zones are better than others in terms of the characters and story, but overall I find it a wonderful alternative from time-to-time when I need a TSW break.

Back