• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Minecraft interest thread

Kitarra

Chaos and Ferrets
So LordStarFox and I have been pretty engaged in Minecraft for a while. It is a highly flexible, extensible sandbox world with a HUGE community and an endless variety of mods.

I know some people have expressed interest in a LoMS Minecraft server.

In order to do this we would need to get actual server space in a hosting facility as Fox's server is barely enough for the two of us.

Renting a server will be around 20 dollars a month, more or less depending on how many people are interested and willing to contribute.

So officially, who would be interested in creating a LoMS Minecraft instance and who would be willing to contribute towards hosting?

The server would be cooperative, no pvp and no griefing.

Bit more about the planned server.
Downloading will most likely happen via Tekkit launcher, as it allows us to push updates to server to all players without too much trouble. That way can we keep adding mods,change configs and fix bugs with minimal downtime. I'm not going to restrict access from cracked clientsm, just support the game if you like it.
  • One of the main features will be questing book, once we are done it should have hundreds of quests. Quests start from the very basics and each step will be explained(very newbie friendly), gradually it will become more difficult. After completing the first quest you can pick yourself a "profession" (next quest line really), some quest lines will spezialize in different things,for example theres engineer,armorer, mage,Monster slayer,farmer and chef, one is focused on space travelling aswell. Quests shouldn't be too grindy, they are meant to teach basics of each mod and show you what possibilities you have.
  • If it's possible to implement we will make limited time quests that give you high rewards.
  • We should be able to make areas for PvP, if people wish to nuke each other.
  • Pets and mounts. We are going to install Mo creatures mod which adds lots of new passives and aggressive mobs. Some of these can be tamed and breed. Horses, Wyverns, foxes, komodo dragons, lions, elephants,ostrich, snakes...http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-172-mo-creatures-v620-with-ents-and-moles/
  • Once you log in the game for the first time you will start in a city,it will have basic resources and machines and it will server as "tutorial" city, it will be safe from the mobs 24/7...i hope. I might have hidden some shinies around it aswell. You will also recieve some tutorial books that will help you on your journeys. After that players can choose to leave the city or stay there and expand. Maybe we will see small colonies all over the place or one huge mega city.
  • You can group up with other players to cooperate for the quests, only one of the players has to complete the quest for both to get credit,this is recommended.
  • If i can find smart way to do it you will be able to claim parts of the map (minecraft map is ~infinite) for yourself,other players can't build on your area. You will also be able to share plots with selected players.
  • Map with other player locations, possibly online version of the map (you could even send messages from the browser) if our host will support it.
  • Explorable dungeons (several layers filled with lewtz and mobs), hats, air ships and ships, crossbows, atleast 5 (might be forgetting some) new dimensions, , dozens and dozens of new biomes, computercraft ( http://www.computercraft.info/download/), tons of machines and crops, some very hard bosses and monsters.
  • Space travelling?
  • Myst style Ages
Even with the quest book thats still a lot of stuff to explain, so we are going to gather list of the different wiki sites and tutorials aswell.

Paying for the server is optional.
Server price seems to be around 12$ from the site we found (https://www.ggservers.net/ ,modded minecraft uses a lot more juice than vanilla, so recommended players isn't accurate). Me and Akati will both be paying, if there is just enough interest for the server.
Server donation doesnt necessarily need to be split among us, pay what you want.
Server should be online nearly 24/7 once bought and all progress will be autosaved, your machines can keep working while you are offline.

work in progress picture of the city
1zxktts.png

Last edited:
Outside of our old Treehouse
inside+foxes
advanced mining
Hell aka nether
Exploring one of the boss towers.
Animal cage,never finished catching them all (there are 44 different horses!).
Harvester golems, they are made out of rotten flesh,but they are still surpringly cuddly
mushroom city
and puzzle tower

Last edited:
I'd certainly be interested to at least try it; been mostly playing Wildstar, but I do love some minecraft now and then!

Due to bugs with the mod we couldn't add all the quests we wanted,however we managed to cover basic minecraft stuff and gave few good nudges towards mod stuff.
Here is the introducion page of the quest book
9rkthk.png

(stole some images from our website, typos and image will be fixed soon :p)
Luckily we were able to get mod that allows us and other players to write tutorial books. It's fairly simple too.
We are probably going to start with one or two books and make more depending on how things go.

This is the closest I've come to being interested in Minecraft lol

We are also planning regular challenges and quests for every interest level!

And treasure hunts!

That sounds kinda AWESOME!

hehe

PS: for those that never played: This game is evil, it'll make you lose hours without you even notice you're enjoying it. hehe
Also, Creative mode is an excelent stress reducing tool.

You guys still minecrafting?
not atm,but we have some new ideas for the server.

I think giant modpack like we planned might be too complex,especially for new players.So maybe we should start with only couple mods or so and add more once people get more familiar with the mechanics. We could also hold votes for which mods to add.
Also the starting village seems like a bad idea,it didn't leave much reason to venture off,so we were thinking of dropping players into tiny cabin middle of the wilds instead.

Back