• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

ESO Major Bank Bug

LOL!

I'm sorry. It's an huge and problematic bug, but it's so weird that it's fun.
What kind of system they have in place that allows such thing to happens?
They need to re-do that for sure. Might be annoying at start, but imagine this happening with fully leveled and geared toons.
Bad... just bad coding.

thats just insane and something i never heard of from any game lol, cant even imagine what would be causing this other then a core feature wrongly programmed

thats just insane and something i never heard of from any game lol, cant even imagine what would be causing this other then a core feature wrongly programmed

I was going around my head trying to find a logical way for this to happen, but can't. Something messed up on their databases access for sure. Gold sellers will LOVE this feature. *evil grin*

yeah maybe they made a wrong () somewhere triggering a different account ID or something but thats just seriously messed up lol

Werid that it's also apparently not happening on the EU megaserver. Apparently we picked wrong. D:

Hope all the maintainance and downtime today resolves it since they've said they found the cause.

Yeah a lot of people were pissed to find their bank empty, I would be too. Hopefully they can restore whatever was lost.

Hey look, patcher just started downloading ~400MB or so patch. Guess that means we should be seenig a server shortly...

I can't understand why the difference? surely if u have a flaw in 1 it's in both? or will NA & EU on different builds?? makes no sense... but i smell burning... :/

...and now I can understand why last night I was randomly getting kicked off and then would have to log back on. I even went and changed my password thinking maybe it was a gold farmer or something, but now I see it was just some insane off the wall bug...LOL

Something somewhat similar happened with Rift when it first came out; there was a bug in the netcode that allowed you to tweak your session to log into someone else's account. Gold sellers figured out how to do it on purpose and started looting EVERYONE (that's when that coin lock feature went into place, because omfglooting).

Combine that with loading inventory into memory and the code making assumptions here and there that your session = YOUR session, and, well, weird shit like this can DEFINITELY go down.

Hopefully they get that fixed soon, that sort of netcode bug is BAD news.

Hmm i wonder if i cant get beechers acct ......oh the fun ....but i think mikus acct will be so much more nom nom nom s

By the way, theres another bank bug still floating around. You can lose all cold and any extra slots you buy (including the items in them). Seems to continue happening to people so, be warned.

I think I prefer the chat bug that was in at TSW launch (and some still experience) over randomly losing money, inventory and bank items and skills... And not get refunded... :confused:

Over on the Aldmeri side of things, we appear to have about a 50% bank bug rate. Supposedly they "fixed" it. But I didn't get my stuff, my bank slots or the gold I spent to get them back. I bought 10 of those slots for the second time two days ago.. they are still there (knock on wood) but it is very frustrating.

Personally, I am trusting my horse with inventory right now. It's cheaper and currently (knock on wood again) not bugged. Looks like I'll be able to get up to 60 slots for 250/slot.

Back