• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Global LoMS and cookies, and the apocalypse

Bagofcats

Cat Delivery System
Staff member
Officer
Slayer of Spam
You may see some changes in the website (and more to come). And coming soon changes in our Discord LoMSGlobal too.

We've been running a hard-scrabble existence in SWL until now. Not quite by other SWL cabals standards, but still, the number of active players had dwindled outside events. Until now. The world's situation has contributed to a gaming boom, and we see new players coming to SWL, and to LoMS, as we're still the best choice in the half-arsed cabal category. That means laid back, casual and cookies.

It has been a growth season for other games too, and quite a few Lomsers have migrated and founded LoMS organisations elsewhere - and where the games do not support massive groups, there's still LoMS equivalents (Symmetric, for example, has a server on Fallout 76).

We thought those other baby-LoMS, and all the new players looking for connection, would be better served by a more up-to-date website and discord channel, that actually reflected the needs of this migration, diaspora, a-viking. So, we lift up and give a shout-out to those games with a big enough LoMS presence to be a real active choice for players.

Starting with The Elder Scrolls Online, a LoMS herded by RiverStyx/Music (Thirtysilver) and Bifrost (Erismei). Benfaol, Senshi, Skerina, yours truly and several others also have our hands in the cookie jar. So far, only the EU server. We look forward to volunteers to revive the Monster Slayers in the NA server - or create a whole new LoMS enclave, as we did in the EU .

We have a LoMS in Path of Exile, haunted by LordStarfox, Akati/Kitarra, Wraith5 and Organik among others. Much clashing, gnashing and screaming. Blood spilled. And cookies too, as the Keepers of the LoMS Cookie Vault are over there after all :)

I mentioned Symmetric's server over at Fallout 76. Elfiwolfe also sits on the porch to enjoy nuclear sunsets with a drink. There're several more Lomsers raiding cookie jars, bread- and toolboxes, in so far somewhat uncoordinated efforts. But here we are, get connected :)

Thorne has proposed a Dinasty 2 LoMS. If there are any takers, we'll make it happen. He'd rather shoot, but can also bake a mean biscuit when the chips are down.

And there's Minecraft, where LordStarfox, Kitarra and Wraith5 used to pedal the LoMSCraft server. Maybe there's a renewed interest in blocky cookies?

Maybe there's other lost Slayers faffing about in other games? Come forward, then, we'll support you best we can, probably make a hash of it, and have great fun in the meantime :)

Leonard Cohen knew his cookies. There is no cure for LoMS.

Last edited:
Sykja runs a LoMSCraft server that everyone is active on periodically but is up all the time. Not sure if he wants the link opened up to everyone but I will ask and post the info!

Don't know how a LoMSCraft server works, but he, or you, can make a thread in the minecraft section and let those interested answer there and ask to join?

Last edited:
So, we have the LoMS cabal up in ESO EU, as League of Monster Slayers. We are up to about 20 players, mostly from SWL LoMS ranks, but, some new friends as well. I see NA has an Ebonheart Monster Slayers? anyone running it actively? maybe change that one to LoMS, as well? We play on NA sometimes too, would love to get into the NA LoMS. I dont have the time or resources to maintain it on NA myself, but will happily join/help out whoever is. If its just dead, then maybe start up a new one? Inquiring minds want to know :)

So, we have the LoMS cabal up in ESO EU, as League of Monster Slayers. We are up to about 20 players, mostly from SWL LoMS ranks, but, some new friends as well. I see NA has an Ebonheart Monster Slayers? anyone running it actively? maybe change that one to LoMS, as well? We play on NA sometimes too, would love to get into the NA LoMS. I dont have the time or resources to maintain it on NA myself, but will happily join/help out whoever is. If its just dead, then maybe start up a new one? Inquiring minds want to know :)
Oddius/Skerina and I come by NA regularly, just to logon/logoff for quickies - otherwise I've very seldom seen anyone online, but that may be because time-zones. I'll check if I have invite rights, but whichever cabal, ebonheart or a new LoMS, it'd need someone playing regular NA times

Yeah, we play there, but mostly just dailies and events, I concentrate my energy on making sure everyone in EU LoMS is attended to. Basically youre saying its like Daggerfall Monster Slayers in EU was when I started ESO? No point in me starting up a Cabal I cant give time to, so, if you have invite rights, Annie and I will join, otherwise, we will wait until there is someone playing there, and support as we can :)

Edit: have added the webbie and Discord to the Guild info, ingame, so, now people can check it out.

Yeah, we play there, but mostly just dailies and events, I concentrate my energy on making sure everyone in EU LoMS is attended to. Basically youre saying its like Daggerfall Monster Slayers in EU was when I started ESO? No point in me starting up a Cabal I cant give time to, so, if you have invite rights, Annie and I will join, otherwise, we will wait until there is someone playing there, and support as we can :)
not quite - NA's was the more active guild back when, the situation was reversed with EU being just a stump, there's quite a few more people in the roster. We'll see if someone replies with more accurate up-to-date info :)

If you want, but I'm not sure if any other than me really check these forums that often anymore and some of us prefer teamspeak to discord.

The idea is that someone sees there's slayers playing that specific game they're interested in, and they get in touch with whoever is fronting (in this case, you) to get a leg in and join. I mention Discord and the website because those are the two places where other slayers, new and old, come by and gather to see what's happening. If they see a section for a game and that there's people there, or at least a call for players and a contact, then they'd be liable to get in touch. Whether you afterwards use TS for your daily business is well, your business :)

And discord and website because they both do static content well, so at least that part is covered even if there's nobody playing at the moment the person is looking into it. Of course, a lively chat, and a website or discord where content is up-to-date and with helpful tips, tricks, etc is a lot better.

If you feel up to it, i.e. making some content and coming around both discord and website to keep that up, that's great. Also encourage others playing Warframe to do so too. In that case I'll set up a section for WF. If it's something you can't commit to, it's all good and fine, it's not for everybody and what's work and what's play is different for different folks :) Still, a mostly dead and empty section would be just visual litter on the page and detract from the games that have an active presence. As we are so few actively working with and for the cabal, we're aiming for quality rather than quantity :)

Last edited:
Back