• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Friend/Cabal List Problems

MukYanChon

I want to take on the world!
Officer
Since quite a few new members have reported that they experience game freezes and even crashes when opening the friendslist, i wanted to share the info here together with the mod that fixes that problem (mostly).

The problem occurs because the friendslist has an auto-refresh. So if you have a lot of people in your friendslist or you cabal has several hundred members (like ours) the problem happens.
Agnitio has released a mod that stoppes the auto-refresh and thereby the freezes/crashes for most people.

Of course, we still should consider purging old members that haven't logged in for a year or longer from the list.

There have been recent voices about Dragon&Wolves cabal for being unresponsible to not warn new members about this issue (besides their annoying ninja-invite tactics) since they have about the same number of members als LoMS. So we don't want to get the same on us.

Thanks for posting a link to the mod, Six! I never know where to find it when people report the issue, since I keep forgetting it's on the forums, not Curse.
As for purging... We'd need to get a consensus on the topic, it's not the first time it's been brought up, I believe. Best to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Full ack, so we need to bring this to baggies attention?
I also know it's quite some work - but if its increasingly causing issues for the members, we should take that into account.

hmmm, it has been an issue before, on and off. I personally haven't had the issue since I patched the plugin a year ago or so. But if you guys feel it is an issue now, of course we'll purge. It's a pain, because the system doesn't list accounts but toons. We can't go around purging toons of live or live-ish accounts, even if the toon hasn't been used in years, kind of rude ;)

I'll investigate a bit

Yeah i see your point. Although i'd say that it should not be a big issue. If members decide to play the toon again, they could just ask to rejoin it. An announcement here and in discord could help, too.

There have been quite a few players in the last weeks that came back and said they had been former slayers. Even if that may be due to the current circumstances, it's nice to see people return to the game.

We go with updated plugin and in the meantime I'll make an announcement in Discord - after Pride, next week, we don't want to have too many general announcements at the same time. I'll put up a thread on that on the website too.

yeah we were in the 750-ish when you started your cleanup. Meanwhile we're at 450 again

Back