• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Global Website Features & Feedback Thread

Does the server for this site use OpenSSL?
Yes. It's already been patched and new certs were issued. However, nothing on our site uses HTTPS (unless you count Twitter/Facebook/Steam auth, which uses the respective service's SSL encryption) so it's kind of a moot point.

Last edited:
Adjusted the permissions, all officers should now have unlimited recipients, while registered users have 15 (to prevent bots from registering and spamming us)

Did we got any bot up to now?
I know they're out there, and this forums are quite well known and used by way more people than LoMS members. Just wondering if we got targeted by them :p

think so far we had 1 spammer that registered and symmetric took care off, havent had any others as far as i know

Say, there's a few people on LoMS that do stream from time to time, and I bet there would be more if people would have the incentive or even the reminder for it.
Streaming is not just that fun thing that helps lag your pc a bit if ill-configured, but it's a fun way to check on all games the community plays.
I wonder if it's possible to add twitch streams to LoMS, in the forum or even as a dedicated tab/page of the website.
I'd love to see what other Slayers are playing and how. ;)

been here for over a year i think :p
all you have to do is click the media button in the editor toolbar and add in your twitch url

Last edited:
Say, I was looking at the forum main and was thinking how intimidating it can be for someone joining LoMS via a game that's not TSW.
ATM we have the Global forums for all forum/website and general community info, a big division for TSW and a "Other Games" one.
When someone logs in, coming from another game, it can give the idea of a community that is focused on a single game, allowing discussion on others, but ultimately, focused on one single game.
It is kinda obvious why the forum is built like that, since LoMS started and have grown inside TSW, but as time moves and new games show up, as the community keeps united while spread around several games, maybe some "visual" change could be of use soon?

I'm not saying that each game should have it's own division, showing all subs in the main forum page, but IMO, each game (the ones where we have people in) should be displayed in a similar way, to avoid the idea of "not caring too much about the other games".

I personally don't really mind it like it is, as I'm used to it, and this is the community I've known for a good while. It's more of a "new LoMSer" support feedback.

PS: Posting TWITCH.TV embbeds lags the thread loading a lot. Maybe we should keep those for the Streaming section only. Hehe

As a bit of spring cleaning, the Defiance forum (and its 6 subforums) has been deleted, as the last post in there was from a year ago. All posts from the Defiance category have been moved to the general Gaming Discussion forum.

More forum cleanup: The Rift and Firefall forums have been deleted. The few posts they have (which are over a year old) have been moved to General Discussion.

More forum cleanup: The Rift and Firefall forums have been deleted. The few posts they have (which are over a year old) have been moved to General Discussion.
Hasn't Serx been posting FF stuff recently? Thought I remembered him posting some recruiting thing last week.

Hasn't Serx been posting FF stuff recently? Thought I remembered him posting some recruiting thing last week.
There was a total of 4 posts in the Firefall category since mid-2013. There were three forums in that category, two of which were empty.

At this point the game probably does not warrant the existence of its own forum, let alone three. Should that change and there is a sudden influx of players from LoMS, then we can revisit the idea of creating a forum for it.

Say, wasn't there a menu/button for stuff like accordion menus?
I've been putting the accordion code by hand when I want them, but I think I remember a menu for those. How do I access that?

Say, wasn't there a menu/button for stuff like accordion menus?
I've been putting the accordion code by hand when I want them, but I think I remember a menu for those. How do I access that?

re-added the button, must have disappeared after addon updates lol

Since you're already making changes with the upgrades and all... if you have time, Symm, could you check if there's a $endtime variable or something similar that needs to be changed to match up with the $strtime change? Also, the time zone listed (either convert to local or change from "Time zone:..." to "Original time zone:"). Thanks!

Came across this... not sure if it's applicable but thought I'd toss it out to you.
This issue probably drives all XenAtendo users nuts.

Line 137 of EWRatendo/Model/Events.php was
Code:
$strtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($event['event_timezone']));

I changed it to
Code:
try {
		$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
		$strtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($visitor['timezone']));
	} catch(Exception $e) {
		$strtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($event['event_timezone']));
	}

Back