• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

VtM Bloodlines 2!!

UnsafeCrayon

mightier than the sword
Officer
Donator
Ok, I don't know how many of you are tabletop roleplayers, or played the original Bloodlines classic back in 2004, but I was utterly surprised last night when I got a email from Tender (a ARG type game that is somehow attached to VtM) that Paradox Interactive was holding an event to announce that they have been working on a new Vampire the Masquerade game (they acquired the IP backing 2015 I believe) and will be releasing it in Q1 of 2020. And since I loved the first video game, and love the World of Darkness games in general, I had to post this here in case some of you share my enthusiasm and haven't heard the announcement.

Bloodline 2 official website

I'm both excited and terrified. Just sort of going to try and wait and see what happens in a year.

I had a look at the link above, it's for an app; may I ask what that has to do with the VTM Bloodlines 2 game?

The tender app was an arg sort of thing that led up to the announcement of the game. Not sure it has a point beyond that.

Yeah, I don't think it has a point beyond the announcement. I look at it the today and the only quest available to me was about the Live Event Special that already happened, and even that wouldn't open (for obvious reasons).

I was talking to one of my sons this and, he made the following comment about this game.
Apparently on the official web site, there is some facility to gain some kind of loyalty points; these in turn will gain you some sort of extras.
Have to say that given that this is a single player game I do wonder as to the point of that.
However, thought it might be of interest.

After typing this I checked out the official site myself, here is the referral link:
Home | VtM: Bloodlines 2

EDIT: Updated with link.

Last edited:
The rewards for the blood packs on the site are just cosmetics so far. I signed up on the site the first day or so. Atm, all you really can do is search the site for the blood pack icons, click them, and collect them. Referrals give 50 points each. They have a rather large number of potential reward levels but they have only listed two rewards so far.

The last clan announcement (Wednesdays @ 5 GMT on Paradox Interactive's Twitch channel) was made today, so all the clans and their disciplines are now listed on the Bloodlines 2 site. They also announced that footage of actual game play will be available on June 10th. I believe all of the half hour announcements can be found on YouTube but here is the one for the Tremere. Outstar, also does an explanation of each playable clan that I've found informative, Tremere Explained.

I used to LARP V:tM, as a Gangrel. Out of the ones available in the game, I'd probably choose Brujah or Malk, maybe Tremere. I just need better income, and to get things taken care of first.

I used to LARP V:tM, as a Gangrel. Out of the ones available in the game, I'd probably choose Brujah or Malk, maybe Tremere. I just need better income, and to get things taken care of first.

I believe they said they were releasing more clans as free dlc once the game has released, pretty sure Gangrel will be one of the ones added after release. So, you might be able to work towards saving up and just get it once the other clans have been added post launch. Personally, I'm really excited about this game but not sure I'd want to pick it up until I see more of it and probably even see how it launches. I played a Malk when I played the original game, really enjoyed it and I'm curious what they do in the new game to make the Malks feel interesting.

Yesterday the extended game play trailer was dropped. Check it out here. With Bloodlines 2 coming out Q1 of 2020, and Cyberpunk 2077 due out April of 2020, it'll be a great spring.

Also, Outstar does a review of the IGN's playthrough that shows ALOT more game play. Worth watching if you are as excited about this game as I am.

I too have been looking forward to this game, ever since CCP sold the rights to the World of Darkness, etc.

However, having watched the E3 demo, I have to say that I am concerned if not disappointed with the quality of animation; it seems rather 'dated' and reminiscent of the original game compared to the standard of today.
Also, does anyone know at this stage whether the camera will allow a 3rd perspective, s oppose to the apparent first person with the occasional 'automatic' switch to third person?

Yes, I also thought was the case, but when the perspective automatically changed in the demo I wondered; thanks anyway. :)

Pretty sure it's just first person for everything but things like feeding and maybe dancing and that sort of thing.

Back