• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

POE SP/AP allocation advice?

FractalRain

The Chaos Assistant
Donator
Hello everyone! I thought I'd reach out and share my experience thus far and ask for advice on how people are spending their SP/AP so far? I've gone Hammer/Sword for now and am lvl 17. I may want to swap to Sword/Hammer eventually, but need to open more sword first. I've opened up a full AP line in Hammer and working a full line for sword. I've spent much of my SP getting the passive boosts (circles) for Hammer and Sword and am slowly working on certain paths and passive skills. It is hard to decide which paths to take! But definitely more manageable than TSW was. It is fun to be at this phase of the game again. ;)

So, are people shooting for all passive boosts firsts? Or are you just looking at what skills you want and taking those trees? Any other thoughts or methods you are finding useful?

I primarily am shooting for skills that augment the actives, as many of them are quite powerful... much more so than an extra 17 attack, etc. Note that progressing down a line gets you close to some of the BIG passives too... like +200 Heal instead of +50 Heal found in the beginning, so it's not as if you're forgoing stats even if you do that.

One of the things I'm doing, which I'm unsure regarding the wisdom of, is getting the initial passive and the +13 Hit Rating passive for each of the 6 non-healing weapons. Glancing sucks and is annoyingly common at times, so spending 60 SP to get 78 HR seems like a fair tradeoff to me.

It honestly seems like all the actives were made to be arbitrarily useful outside of the weapon synergy from the ability wheel from TSW, and the passives even moreso. I've been paying more attention to the character buffs that come with them (Hit rating, attack rating, crit and power rating) mostly based on preference since I play mostly as DPS.

One of the things I'm doing, which I'm unsure regarding the wisdom of, is getting the initial passive and the +13 Hit Rating passive for each of the 6 non-healing weapons. Glancing sucks and is annoyingly common at times, so spending 60 SP to get 78 HR seems like a fair tradeoff to me.
So Kalinai, I've heard various opinions on different chat sources regarding whether the passives for another weapon working or not while you have a different weapon equipped (i.e. does the pistol "to hit" passive work if I'm not using it). Have you checked to see if you actually get the bonus for the weapon lines you aren't using? That would be helpful and I haven't been able to test it myself yet.

Tilty said that all of the "passive passive" (ie circle passives) always apply all the time, which is why people will want to unlock all of the weapons. If they didn't apply, most people wouldn't bother, and that cuts into funcom's bottom line.

That is what I thought too, but I'd seen some people say the opposite, so that is why I was asking if someone actually checked. :)

Im currently working towarge a few what appear to be key passives, then getting the lower point boosts from all pages.

My Glance Reduction went up when grabbing a hit passive from a weapon I don't use at all, so I assume Tilty was telling the truths. Best I can do insofar as validation goes. :)

That works! Thanks Kalinai! Another related question, do you have to equip that weapon to unlock the passive or can you just do it when spending SP?

Thanks for the confirmation! I had tried to do it 2 days ago, but it wouldn't let me purchase it, eventhough I had the AP. So that is why I was asking. I will try again!

Back