• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Recent drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elal

LoMS Officer
Not sure if all threads are visible to non-members but either way this needs posting.

Relatively recently I invited a random from Social into a lair. This person seemed a little odd in communicating, but clearly English isn't first language so no big deal at all. They were thankful, all was well. I said I'd be happy to invite in future and got asked if I could tell them whenever I was running anything. I suggested they do

/chat join lomsglobal

as everything I do I put in there. Eventually this happened and fairly soon afterwards they joined the cabal provisionally (not by my invite directly, but obviously by my recommendation at least in part).

That person was Icegiant.

Fast forward a short time and I was getting some very odd tells. Flirty innuendo, weird stuff - even enough to breakthrough my normal total obliviousness. Again, I shrug it off because of the language issue but then it is clear that there is more than one person on the account (different language style, different tone). I called them on it and apparently "mother and daughter and sometimes another person" are on the account. At heart I'm not fussed by this, but the personal nature of these tells was getting icky.

I spoke with a couple of other long standing members active in my (Oceania evening) timezone and while I won't give their names here, they had had similar tells. We resolved to just keep things on the level and not engage, figuring trolls get bored.

Then a whole dustup occurred in a run I wasn't part of, logging in late to find cabal chat all a-twitter. I don't know the details apart from some crappy unacceptable game behaviour towards long standing cabal members I respect, followed by narky tells to them, followed by narky comments in cabal chat, followed by being called out for crappy behaviour, followed by her quitting cabal.

Figured this was all over, lesson learned etc.

Icegiant then has renamed Ishtari-something (or something like that, not online so can't check) and more tells have followed. Last night (in tell) I said "she" was causing drama and wouldn't be invited into lair that was being run. Then the abuse kicked in, blaming "daughter", blaming cabal, blaming everyone else. In my reasonable de-escalation mode I tried to reason with "her" but was told I was unwise and if Funcom doesn't care about sharing accounts we couldn't stop her. Tried to explain she can do what she wishes but that doesn't mean we have to deal with the drama. This went on a while until I stopped responding.

Then the "daughter" logs in and starts screaming about upsetting her mum. At that point I did what I should have done some time back but I'm always loathe to do: block.

Anyway, first I'd like to apologise for inviting the drama in. Sad to say it can't be avoided, nor predicted, but I still feel sorry it happened. Secondly I know "she" plays in multiple timezones I don't operate in, so I wanted a record of our experience in case others had experienced similar behaviour - know you aren't alone. I'm never going to tell other cabal members who to play or not to play with, but I know I'm avoiding this character in the future, along with groups they are part of.

Sorry to hear about the recent drama, but, you should probably just pm an officer on the forum about this rather than posting it publicly, well, semi-publically I suppose.

I know, because of your timezone, that you might not be able to pm an officer in game for something like this, but you probably should just pm them thru the forum or on the discord and let them decide if it needs to be made more public to the guild.

Caught this, and I've already heard of the player through other channels. The person is question is not in the cabal, and until we get a reset of the game (and chat) the person can't be banned from chat because that's how the chat system works :(

Don't worry Elal, it happens. Just /ignore them, and the advcie goes for any other who's not an officer. If there're are screenshots of the chat abuse, we can punt it up to Funcom (and multiple persons using the same account is against the Funcom rules and grounds for shutting down the account)

I'm closing the thread, as there's no need to add to this subject. If anyone has something relevant to the case, please send me a PM here in the forum, or to one of the other officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back