• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Neverwinter Picking a shard

Wich shard shall we base ourselves in at launch?

• Beholder

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Dragon

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mindflayer

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xenthal

Retired Staff Member
Donator
Update: Since it was a tie i changed my vote to mindflayer making the score 7 - 6 - 5 for mindflayer.
So tommorrow the heroes can start making their char on mindflayer and if there is enough people (5) they can form the guild otherwise we will do so saturday.

Since neverwinter will have 3 shards, wich players cannot cross-shard play (only chat) until they merge the shards wich they are planning to do somewhere after release (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...r-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631), we have to pick 1 shard to play on the options are:

Beholder - 5
Dragon - 6
Mindflayer - 7

Poll has ended.

FYI Dragon is the only shard that has been available during closed beta.my guess is it will be the 1st to be filled up.

Im free the release weekend too gonne be some funtimes :p
meh looks like its gonne be dragon, guess we will be on the server with most people.

reason for this is because Dragon will probably be the most populated shard, several of us have early access, which means the guild will be formed early. We just hope the shard isn't full by the time the rest of the group gets access.

reason for this is because Dragon will probably be the most populated shard, several of us have early access, which means the guild will be formed early. We just hope the shard isn't full by the time the rest of the group gets access.

I see your point, Avenal. You want to pick a less populated shard so everyone can get access to it.

However, the Dragons are very pro-dragon. Don't try to change us. :)

Playing on most populate server sucks for the obvious reason of the queues, however playing on the least populated server has it's own set of problems. It seems to me,looking at that poll Mindflayer should eb our choice.

1) It is an RP server to satisfy the LOMS who like RP servers
2) it appears to have a large European content of guilds committing to iut, to ensure our Euro friends have people play with while us North Americans are sleeping.
3) it is a tad less popular then Dragon, so it will be a busy server with lots of people, but hopefully less (or not at all) queued as Dragon may be.
4)in DDO a mindflayer is mind controlling the Dragon at the beginng.

So i change my vote from Beholder to Mindflayer
Just my opinion.

After looking though the evidence Mindflayer seems the obvious choice so i'll like to change mine from dragon to mindflayer since it's a rp server, but mostly to mess with Beecher :p

Be kinda selfish of us to choose a non-Euro-heavy server with such a high number of Euro folks in the cabal, wouldn't it? I mean, yeah, we play with the guild, but we'll have an easier time filling the guild with more Euro folks for them to group with during their primetime hours over on the Unofficial Euro server.

That's a pretty big point..

no where is it stated wich servers are euro-heavy, looking through the posts it seems all shards are equally filled with international guilds, and remember the shards will be merged somewhere after launch

Just looking at the guild lists committing to servers i see all the (DE) guilds are on Mindflayer, which sugegsts if the Germans are going their, its more likely to have a Euro content of players on the servers. Unless i am misunderstanding the (DE) flag ion the guild lists. Ultimately I will make a toon whever i am told too. Whatever server it is doesnt matter to me as logn as people ar ehappy with the selection. I couldnt tell you the name of any of the games i play on servers, after you make the intial selection, you rarely see it again anyways

well, this poll was useful o_O takeaway 1 vote dragon 1 vote beholder and add them to Mindflayer and we have a 3 way tie. :confused:

Patching the client as we speak, and once i get back from work it'll be game time :cool:

Back