• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Navigating The Beer Seas

Bagofcats

Cat Delivery System
Staff member
Officer
Slayer of Spam
This weeks harvest, an impulse buy at one of my local markets, netted five beers I hadn't experienced yet: 3 Swedish, 1 Britsh and 1 Finnish, all session beers at abv 3.5%
  • Mari from Finnish Pühaste Brewery: Berliner Weisse style, sour wheat ale with blackcurrants, raspberries and blackberries. Not a friend of sour beers, I'm trying, trying, and nopes, not for me. I'm sure it's excellent but, nopes. Will use in some cooking
  • Daredevil from Bulldog Brewery: what they call People's IPA -- it's a medium-sized brewery on the Island of Gotland with solid, popular craft beers [edit, got to taste it] oh hops hops, hopalong, hopalong, hops hops -it's an IPA. No complaints, good IPA :)
  • Morning Glory from UK (well, specifically, Wales) Tiny Rebel Brewery. They define it as a Breakfast Stout, and yes, it is. With some coffee and cocoa, very breakfasty, of champions no doubt. A winner, I'll buy it again.
  • The Serial Crusher Theory, a pilsner from All In Brewing in Gothenburg. A nice pilsner with a very traditional Swedish taste but with more flavour, and you know what, it tastes like beer. Call me Mr Unadventurous, but it's nice to have a beer for everyday drinking that won't destroy the food's flavour. We do have the notion of a table wine, why not a table beer? We need that too.
  • Session Pale Ale from Brutal Brewing, a solid craft brewery (an offshoot of one the large Swedish breweries) and the first one that started producing and distributing beer with taste for the mass market. Solid hops (magnum galaxy and amarillo), solid ale, with some bread, a tinge of citrus and something else I can't quite place

sessions.jpg

Last edited:
I have to admit that although i like craft beers a lot, i'm not a fan of weird additional flavours. I tried several, and yeah, they're ok, but none of them would make it to a regular buy. Blame my bavarian roots :)
The most interesting tasting we had in czech republic at a traditional monastry brewery that does a lot of experiments with additional flavours.
The even have an absinth and a cannabis flavoured one :) (Absinth was not bad, cannabis and the other herb variants were not to my liking).
Pepper was quite good. But i still like their traditional ones like benediktin or breznak the most.
pivovar Broumov
(the beer is much better than the website)

The history is quite funny. The brewery was a part of the monastry initially. But after two almost-burndowns due to the brewery, they decided to put the brewery at a distant area :D it's small but has a great brewery museum.

another four session beers:
  • the two in the middle are alright, but nothing to write home about, won't be buying them again unless there's no other choice.
  • Iron Age is a Welsh red ale, mini-to-medium-sized brewery, very nice, with a deep brown-red colour and lots of flavour. Not sweet and good bitters, which for me is a plus. A bit on the expensive side, as it's an import. And will probably get worse after the UK bugs out
  • the Organice Ale from Swedish Sigtuna Brewery is solid, with good hops, as is usual with all beers coming out of Sigtuna. IIts hops leave a funny aftertaste of broccoli. Not bad, but for a session... I don't know

sessions2.jpg

Back