• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Mitt Möllan Beer Fest

Bagofcats

Cat Delivery System
Staff member
Officer
Slayer of Spam
Reporting from the Beer Fest, a selection of what I found interesting. There were a lot more but I hadn't the wherewithal to taste everything (also I'm too young to die :p) - and more often than not there were no labels to take piccies of - so it's a selection of a selection.

Starting with: Charlis Älvdans APA - (Elf-dance) Fruity, crispy. Charlis also produces one of the best non-alco beers I've tasted

Häxkitteln (Witches Cauldron) This is an ESO inspired brewery, I think. I hadn't time to ask the guy - and it's a one-man show, bare-bones but very, very decent results. Tasted all of them, very solid beers. What caught my attention was Jotun, the Norwegian kveik, a 48 hrs yeast ale - a very interesting flavour. I've seen that other places, so maybe it's trending

Brekeriet, one of the few breweries fully specializing in saisons, wild yeast and sour ales - two solid choices, if a bit odd - especially the cucumber one, definitely a summer beer

Basuun was very interesting, brewing Belgian saisons - these two (out of three I tasted) were a discovery, fruited and berried, with just a touch the saison funkiness in the aftertaste. The first one is a dry-hopped saison. Loved the labels too :)

Your trusty Bag of Cats, in a quiet moment. It went swimmingly well, emptied 2x30 litres kegs of our new 'Campos de Jalapeño' - flavoured with smoked jalapeños, very subtle. We have a very subtle master brewer, never goes over the top - and he was a former chef at NOMA, which shows - everything's locally sourced, except the hops (we take them in from Belgium, as there're basically no hops being grown in Sweden - there's an opportunity for anyone who wants to become a hop grower :) ).
In total, we must have poured about 200 litres, I'll do the math on Monday when I go pick the things. We also had a couple of other news items: NOVA 3.5, a lower alco version of our NOVA (5.2), coming soon to ICA and Systembolaget, for those of you in the region.
Expansion Immense, a 10-something ABV imperial stout . Marmalade Skies, sea buckthorn saison + our standards Caliban and Hollow Moon.
Descriptions at rocketbrewing.se <3

Update: for those interested (ping @RiverStyx ) here's a paper on kveik yeast: Traditional Norwegian Kveik Are a Genetically Distinct Group of Domesticated Saccharomyces cerevisiae Brewing Yeasts the relevant info is in the Introduction, unless you're ofc deep into yeast microbiology (I'm not, although I've enough background to follow what they're saying). This could be interesting for home brewing, as it's a fast beer, 48 hrs fermentation - sadly, the farmhouse strains disappeared from Sweden with industrial beers, lucky (typical, hehe) Norway's kept theirs alive. The result would typically be a low-carbonated old-timey ale

Back