• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Help me, LoMS, you're my only hope!

Gwyndrina

Crazy hermit cat lady
I quit playing TSW in 2014. You know, life and all.... But, I got an email the other day from FunCom saying there is going to be a new story for Secret World Legends. And I thought, "What is Secret World Legends? Oh, but who cares because hey, NEW STORY!" Then I fell down this rabbit hole where none of my toons existed anymore and everything I knew about the game had been replaced with something new. I'm so confused right now. The only bright spot in my universe is that LoMS is still here and the forums let me log in. Hurray! I guess I'll have more answers once the client has finished downloading.... maybe....

Game play is different, but the story up through Tokyo is basically the same. Issues got merged into the main story line, so if you never got the Issues in TSW, you can now play them in SWL.

Thanks for the info! I played up through the first Tokyo issue. Don't know if I am ready to play all that again. BUT....new story! I'm torn.

There is much less grinding if you're just doing story. (The grinding is just for Elite dungeons, scenarios and such). Scenarios are a bit different now too.

Though we haven't met, I was in the same situation a while back.

Combat has been simplified. Though I liked the old system, and even liked (gasp) AEGIS, I can see the merits in the new system.
The game is a bit less grindy that it was before. Talismans suck, but nothing can be perfect.
The are going full Branch Dividians/Jonestown with the Morning Light, so it should be interesting. Hopefully they are working on even more story.

I need just a little more help. Stats on talismans can be changed by anima allocation now. In TSW, they had stats like +health or +heal, etc. Do talismans from dungeons, lairs, and raids have set stats? I keep finding guides that say things like, "have a +health talisman that you can swap out for fights with lots of damage." Is that just outdated information? Maybe I just need to read more about the anima allocation mechanic, but if one of you kind souls has easy answers, then I won't have to work as hard. :D

That's outdated information, I think. However, the ones that drop from dungeons have procs that can be role-specific, like damage that generates extra Hate or places a % leech effect on your defensive target for Tanks and Heals. However, most of them only trigger a certain percentage of the time certain conditions are met (whenever you hit a [something effected] enemy you have [X]% chance to gain a [blahblahblah]). So there are still role-specific talis, but the main stats on them are all adjustable with the allocation slider.

Back