• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

ESO ESO US or EU Server?

US or EU Server?

• US Server?

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • EU Server?

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since I cancelled my pre-purchase of ESO I'm gonna refrain from voting. I thought it was a worldwide mega server?

Since I cancelled my pre-purchase of ESO I'm gonna refrain from voting. I thought it was a worldwide mega server?

no, 2 :/
appears atm that you can select which server you log on to via the client & log your character into either...

no, 2 :/
appears atm that you can select which server you log on to via the client & log your character into either...
So far it only seems to be for the upcomming beta, probably because last one was NA stress test. Would be awesome if it proves true for release, though compaign will probably be region locked.

Xbox1 users get to play with PC users? I am guessing i will be XB1 on this one...

Will I be able to play with my friends that are playing on different platforms?
The megaserver technology featured in The Elder Scrolls Online will allow PC (Windows OS) players and Mac players to play together. Xbox One players will have a specific megaserver dedicated to only those players using an Xbox One. PlayStation 4 players will have a specific megaserver dedicated to only those players using a PlayStation 4.

So far it only seems to be for the upcomming beta, probably because last one was NA stress test. Would be awesome if it proves true for release, though compaign will probably be region locked.

I'm sure i read it somewhere that you can log freely between each server using the same character, at launch..

Home Campaigns are locked to guild, as far as i can work out. You can move. but it cost Alliance points.

vote is very close...
When start beta client you get asked whether you want to login to EU or NA server, it then patches to your selection.
I selected EU at this point....

I read on the ESO forums that both EU and US server are in Maryland right now and will be for the launch.

So there's no latency advantage at the moment for picking the EU server over US.

"The North American and European megaservers will first be hosted in North America. This gives us a more efficient way to address any platform issues that may arise at launch. After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter – but this will be a seamless migration for users, without additional downloads, logins or action required."

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/03/14/eso-road-ahead

Last edited:
*sigh* the more and more you guys talk about ESO the more I actually want to play it...damn you all

So what region is LoMS planning to play on? If I do decide to buy it (likely seeing how many of you are playing) I will need to know

Question for you guys...

1. Is it possible to switch between the NA and EU servers as I play? Or do I need to get a game key for that specific region?
2. If I can switch between regions, does my character carry over or do I have separate ones?

where do you select which server to log in on?
When you open the launcher, there is an icon at the top right corner that opens up the option menue. There you can select the game's language and region=server.

Thanks Anushka! I changed the option to Europe and now it appears to be reinstalling...uggh...but I am OMW (in a manner of speaking).

Question for you guys...

1. Is it possible to switch between the NA and EU servers as I play? Or do I need to get a game key for that specific region?
2. If I can switch between regions, does my character carry over or do I have separate ones?
As I understand it, the vendor you buy the game from determines which server you will be on and the two servers will be completely separate once the game goes live.

this separation kills me Fleta - I want to play with ALL of my friends. From TSW it's hard to go back.

this separation kills me Fleta - I want to play with ALL of my friends. From TSW it's hard to go back.
Yeah, it's a tough decision and hence the reason for the poll. Think something similar may be going on for Wildstar as well.

Back