• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

ESO ESO Goes B2P

Might do so myself as well, getting a bit bored with TSW at the moment.

Did they ever improve group play in eso? That's kind of a deal breaker for me, with or without the pay wall.

Group play changed a lot.

1. Still can't play withe people from other alliances - BOO that
2. Dungeons are now leveled. The easiest they can be is they level there were originally written for but now they can also be scaled up for the level of the LEADER of the group. This usually means better loot for over leveled people (and the possibility of loot) but also harder mobs - that can be good or bad.
3. Treasure chests in instanced places are shared. Public places are still first come first served
4. Most quests no longer have phasing issues.
5. there are now daily dungeon quests which makes repeating dungeons worthwhile and thus promotes gorup play
6. The killer though is high level dps is best accomplished through potions (20+ per dungeon) which require farming flowers. You could very well spend more time picking flowers than dungeons and there is no really a good money making strategy so you can just buy the flowers/potions. Alchemy does not have hirelings so that is out too :(

All in all group play is much better than when most of you quit but still have issues. Sheesh you people are gonna make me level an ebonheart toon aren't you.... keep in mind direlem, fox, akati, cokoko, hentai and modu think aldmeri rules! (jcool has an aldmeri toon to but that punk only made it to lvl 20)

Did they ever improve group play in eso? That's kind of a deal breaker for me, with or without the pay wall.
I think if my expectations are "I can play in Tameriel for two hours" rather than "I'm going to play with Outage and Trainz," then I might be happier with the game.

The improvements sound good, Rhiissa. I'm willing to try again without a sub, seeing as how I already have the game and was lazy to uninstall it. :D

Group play is still sorta weird. Not all group quests act as a group. Just because one person does something like collects an item or talks to an NPC doesn't mean it will update for everyone in the group. Also sometimes if two group members click on the same thing too close together the item will become unavailable to one or both people. At that point you will have to give up the quest and retake it from the quest giver. There is also the matter that some choices are game changing, and will still cause phasing if you do not make them together. Which means that you have to talk over every quest option before you select it. The quests that are are group play sometimes also progress dialogue too fast for one player when the other player makes a choice.

All that having been said, group play is definitely possible. Fox and I have been progressing together and have been able to do most content that way with a few exceptions. Main quest, and quest for both the fighters guild and the wizards guild are solo.

I think if my expectations are "I can play in Tameriel for two hours" rather than "I'm going to play with Outage and Trainz," then I might be happier with the game.

Yeah. you will be happier that way for sure :)

Thanks Rhiissa for the info. Sounds like good changes. Not interested in flower picking fest though. Do you *really* need them or is it more like "LF1M DPS Pol NM, exp 10.5.5 only"? But yeah. I just might give it go and see if I can enjoy the game. At least you don't have to pay anymore to check.

Intriguing, I may start playing again as well. :D

I just didn't think I could maintain ESO and Wildstar and getting my money out of both, but trying out the new stuff casually sounds great.

I consider myself, coko, hentai and modu good players. We know how to move (I am clearly the worst there), we did our research on builds, armour and dungeons. We also do a hecka job collaborating and working as a team. There are a lot of better players than we are but we certainly pull our weight. Before the dungeons were leveled we got through some dungeons that were considered very hard without potion chugging or consciously attempting to ability weave.

After dungeon leveling, we really struggled to finish end game dungeons and we needed any and every advantage we could get. The difference between power chugging and not chugging is over double the dps. Don't forget you have to ability weave too, that will also give you a significant burst of dps and must be incorporated. These end game issues are ultimately why you are seeing a lot more of all 4 of us back in TSW.

That being said, I've done trials without chugging potions but if everyone runs that way you are in real danger of not finishing.

Group play still has some issues : practically necessary to have teamspeak (or the like) to be able to synchronise between the players in the group.

NOT talking raids/dungeons here (would understand the need for TS in those), but the bloody Quests!...

Only game I played in which group questing was even more flawed wuz "Wildstar" (unfortunately).

In ESO it often feels like 'the group thing' was like an afterthought for the dev's.

("Oh, to open the Main Gate we need to unlock it at 3 different guarded locations? Cool : lets split up, DO this and meet up back at the Main Gate! ...Oh no, wait, we can't - apparently we EACH have to open the 3 locks or the quest won't advance for the individual players...", etc., etc.)

...I have the sneaky suspicion it has something to do with the fact that it originally was a stand-alone game (or perhaps just sloppy programming).

BTW

Am I the only one who thinks the Skyrim part in ESO has the worst/silliest quests?!
I swear : those 'cool' Nords are just drunken, idiotic comedy relief characters (They are like Peter Jackson's dwarves - it's THAT bad!)

Last edited:
From tactical point of View (take from FAQ https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=UK)
2) As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber. In addition, you'll be automatically enrolled in ESO Plus for the remainder of your subscription period. You'll receive the full benefits of membership, and 1500 crowns for each 30-day period remaining on your subscription. For example, if you have 30 days or less remaining, you will receive 1500 crowns. If you have between 30 and 60 days remaining, you will receive 3000 crowns. 60 to 90 days, 4500 crowns.

Will The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited come with 30 days of ESO Plus membership free with purchase? No. However, new game accounts will receive 500 complimentary crowns to spend in the Crown Store.
If im reading this right... If you buy the game between February 17th and March 17th you will get;
500 Crown points from having a game account and 1500 points from having active subscription during the transition (game contains "30 days of game time" aka sub time?).
So,if you buy the game before B2P (but after feb 17th) you will get ; Game + 2000 crown points, 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration for whatever is left of your sub.
Buy game after the transition; game + 500Crown points

Considering that the game is regularly (i bet you can find it for 20€ in some stores right now) on sale you will get most bang for your buck if you buy the game between that timeline. Might be much harder to find it on sale after the transition. If someone is interested on giving a shot that is.
Free 30days =/= Subscription, not much point buying before b2p,except for finding sales easier.

Last edited:
Called it!

(Seriously, there's a post here somewhere in which I said I expected the game to go F2P/B2P less than a year from launch. :p)

Just checking in to see how active the guild is in ESO since it went B2P. Was thinking about checking it out after seeing the review that ChaosD1 did on it (he also steered me to TSW)

The being able to steal (justice system) and moral choices in quests sounded great.

There was definitely more activity immediately after (Anuschka commented as much) but I know that TSW players were also drawn back for the Golden Week so will be interesting to see where things are going forward.

There was definitely more activity immediately after (Anuschka commented as much) but I know that TSW players were also drawn back for the Golden Week so will be interesting to see where things are going forward.
I looked and left and went to The Crew for some fast action :)

I dusted off my character. Miss spent all my skill points, paid gold for a respect, and relearned how to play.

I'm actually enjoying it much more this time around.

As for activity, there's usually two or three on. Not huge but not dead.

Back