• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

TSW Computer issues

R4ven

Lunas
Last night I decided to fix my machine. It was originally vista, then upgraded to win7 then updated to win 10 and had soooo much legacy rubbish on there is wasn't running quite as it should.

So I synced my settings to my Microsoft account, backed up my desktop, documents and so forth then fooooolisly used the built into windows 10 reset my computer option.
Which according to the Microsoft forums would wipe my machine then automatically download the latest win 10 build and reinstall for me.

Well it wiped my machine, but kinda failed on the installing windows bit due to a missing file.
So I had to do a clean install from a usb when I got home tonight. Which went surprisingly smooth.

However despite my secret world running from another drive, one I did not wipe, the client patcher now crashes with out any option to repair database.

So I'm re-downloading it again from scratch, which will take a while.
Hopfully will be back online tomorrow night, or the night after depending on so many downloads.

TL: DR
Lunas sacrificed her pc, but the Bees will have it up and running again Soon(TM)

Pc up and running, TSW re-installed that's the good news.
It scrambled my inventory and my nicely organised bags for augments and spare kits though.

It will take me a while to get everything back in the right place, but its playable again :)

It kept my decks, which is nice but effs buff bars are gone, but worse of all Fashionista is empty...

but worse of all Fashionista is empty...

OHNOES.gif

Not a good chance for it, but if you go to C:\, is there a Windows.old folder in it, below Windows folder? Might be able to salvage mod settings if it is.

You said you made a backup so check for stuff in this location in your backup:

C:\Users\[YOUR PC LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Local\Funcom\TSW

Note that AppData is normally a hidden folder so make sure you enable displaying hidden folders.

Most likely a Prefs folder with some files in it. Copy that to the same location (assuming you did not change PC login names) and that should restore all of your TSW preferences (bags, inventories, etc) as well as your Fashionista stuff. Fashionista stuff (along with a lot of other crap) is stored in a file named Prefs_2.xml in that directory.

The windows old folder does not have my old profile in it and alas it does not look like I backed up the App Data.
Oh well I will just have to start making outfits in between dungeons and so forth.

Handy to know for future reference that that is where it puts them, as I used the back up system built into windows it looks like you have to manually add the Apps Data folder as it did not seam to select it. Will defiantly be backing up my outfits in future :)

Back