• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Wildstar Character and Guild name Reservation

Streakz

Dir. of Virgin sacrifices and Cookies inventory
lol no worries im gonna go get some redbulls for my vodka ....i should be doing other things but im messing with pug dungeouns and im really like gambling with my rage o meter

Cercei

Star-Crossed Psychopath
For those of you who managed to get your names reserved, awesome job :)

Personally the way the whole name thing was handled...along with a number of beta bugs...and the whole region lock thing...i decided the game isn't for me after all and will be going back to TSW

Ahkronn

- "Ready rabbit?"
So does NA need to wait 2 weeks to form our side, if the proper name was reserved by Ahkronn? It seems like guilds work the same way as player names, 14 days of global reservation. Source:
https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/62677917-Name-Reservations-How-do-they-work-
I have no idea really . I did send that question to them but they are probably too busy this days to handle simple questions like that.
My hope is that the guild name reservation will reset as soon as it is used, allowing the other region to reg the same name.

Ahkronn

- "Ready rabbit?"
Oh also, update on the reservation problems:

OK, quick update on this (2:50 PST)
Yep, this is on us. Working with our team in Austin to get a fix up.
The details are this (note: this is in real time, so some of what I say may end up incorrect, but it's as good as we know at this time.)
The issue is not with page load or some of the other issues mentioned below (images/jquery/etc.), it's specifically with SSO (single sign on, part of the authentication process).
Some connections to SSO are going through, and some are hanging. The ones that are hanging eventually are crashing SSO, which is leaving those who made it through having registered successfully, and some not.
However, SSO often goes down before you get to see the Acknowledgement message ("yes, your name was reserved").
Many (most) folks seeing that someone else reserved their names quite likely successfully reserved it in a previous attempt - loads are high but not specifically so high that you should see your name taken unless someone was specifically competing with ya for it. Unless you're wanting to be "Gandalf" or "Drzzt" or some such perhaps.
SSO has been under load in the past many times without this issue; so we're searching for what the issue is.
There's a bit of a catch-22 here since obviously you want your name reserved so folks are attempting the reservation many times, and so we're trying to fix it in real time. If we manage that soon it's best to leave it up, if not it's best to bring that down, so it's a bit nontrivial to know the best course. Our top minds are working on it, in 3 different offices.
Other updates from other Carbinites as we know more. We'll do what's fairest to sort it all out, and apologies for those of you seeing the issue.
http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/25h8rm/sorry_but_the_name_reservation_is_a_mess/chh7cwp

Ahkronn

- "Ready rabbit?"
Bad news.
Now that the system is working better I'm getting this for the guild name:
"That guild name is not allowed."

I've sent some info request over a few different media. Let's see what happens.

Ahkronn

- "Ready rabbit?"
Ok, update on that.
Even with all the problems I manage to access the reservation page a few times, but something was weird about guild names. some letter combinations were not allowing some names.
Our was one of those. For some reason the "ster" from monster was making it not allowed. I did the best I could and reserved "LoMS".
There may be a reset on the reservations tho. If so, I'll try it again.

Kitarra

Chaos and Ferrets
I got Kitarra! So that will be my primary character name. I will also probably make an Akati as a secondary name but I didn't reserver that.

Streakz

I reserved Streakz and tried League of Monster Slayers lets see what happens i didi that last night almost 9pm or 10pm cant remeber the vodka and redbull was in full swing :)

A

Avenal

I reserved Streakz and tried League of Monster Slayers lets see what happens i didi that last night almost 9pm or 10pm cant remeber the vodka and redbull was in full swing :)
oh great so your prolly reserved "Teh Luage of Montser Slayres" :p

Streakz

OMG Ave i am luaghung way too hard i double checked i swear .....LOL

Ahkronn

- "Ready rabbit?"
You shouldn't be able to register the name Monster (due to the ster part. stupid I know).
I wonder how that went.

Ahkronn

- "Ready rabbit?"
did they say exactly what is wrong with "ster"?
Aparentely they had some string checks that went wrong. No official word on it yet tho.

there's a ton of little strings like that. "ens" "con" "ala" "ster" "ss" are the ones I could find reading the official forum.
someone also said that any word with double consonants (rr, ll, tt,...) would not be allowed either.

BTW, to check your reservations do this:
- Login to your NCSoft account
- Click this link: http://rest.wildstar-online.com/api/gnpnr
- check the string you get in the page that'll open.

I bet Carbine is atm really ashamed by all this, even if all problems came from NCSoft themselves.

Streakz

but what if i wanta guild called larry the lobster fan club....man that ona sux