• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

POE Caches

Zedman

LoMS Member
Next Cache: Coming Soon - The next cache is set to launch with the above raid patch. This means that the Infernal Cache will no longer drop, although any Infernal Caches 'in the wild' are still able to be opened. The upcoming cache is themed around vintage sci-fi and cyberpunk, featuring visuals that invoke mecha, spirits in a machine, and space marines.

So... I have about 350 Infernal Caches on one of my toons, and a few more on others. Do you think they will grown in value over time for those who might want to try for a flame wreathed weapon or some vanity armor that they didn't get the first go round? Or will they become stale and outdated and of little or no interest in the game anymore?

Personally, I've always had an interest in cyperpunk and the theme seems to suit this game, so I'm looking forward to amassing a collection of the new ones after the patch ;)

On the one hand, the Agarthan caches have gone up considerably in price on the AH since they stopped dropping.

On the other hand, there was zero advance warning they weren't going to drop anymore, so a lot of people didn't hold onto a stash for later opening or resale.

On the unspeakable tentacle, the odds of actually getting anything other than distillate out of a cache are fairly low, so I'd expect that prices for the cosmetics and weapons (especially the more desirable ones) will rise a lot faster than the caches.

I'd say that if you're good for bank space and Shards, hold onto them for selling in a few months, or to use as Krampusnacht presents or something. If you're low on bank space or Shards, I doubt you'll be out very much long-term if you vendor them, though.

I've been using caches a lot to get a few extra MoF. For a long time they would bring about 35-40 MoF but the last weeks that dropped. I did not hear the announcement about the new caches but guessed it when I saw the prices did go up to 50+ MoF per cache. Amazingly, there are people selling them at more than 100 MoF per cache, while there is an unlimited supply of them at 100 MoF from a vendor in Agartha.

But indeed many people are well aware of the current value of the Agartha Cache and I guess the current rise in the price for the Infernal ones is due to them building stocks to sell later, which would mean they will not go up in price as much as the Agartha ones. (If you buy Caches for Shards then spending 150-200 MoF on a weapon/talisman that gives 250 shards is now much better then 50 MoF on a Cache that gives 50 shards).

As far as cache drop rates go, I've noticed there is a sharp increase each time I sell a stack of 10, but as soon as I reach 100+ the drop rate seems to fall fast. I actually did some farming runs at the airport to test this. Ok, maybe not so much for testing and caches but a more nostalgic motivation: the mindless signet farming at the airport in TSW used to be a great way to empty my head every now and then ;P

As far as cache drop rates go, I've noticed there is a sharp increase each time I sell a stack of 10, but as soon as I reach 100+ the drop rate seems to fall fast. I actually did some farming runs at the airport to test this. Ok, maybe not so much for testing and caches but a more nostalgic motivation: the mindless signet farming at the airport in TSW used to be a great way to empty my head every now and then ;P
It's not just you. Every time I get rid of a bunch of caches, they seemingly drop from virtually every other monster I kill until I've got a few dozen in my inventory again.

I believe it was mentioned in the stream that we were soon (TM) going to be able to use the 3rd age tokens to buy clothing/pets/sprints etc. which I am really looking forward to. If those include the cache outfits/pets then I would think the prices of the caches on the AH would drop drastically.

I think they said the Fragment vendors would have alternate versions of the new cache outfits in different colours; not sure if the older ones are included in that.

I think they said the Fragment vendors would have alternate versions of the new cache outfits in different colours; not sure if the older ones are included in that.
Ahh! Missed that part, but they were covering a whole lot at once.

Back