• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

DPS Cache Purple Weapons and Empowerment.

Hengist

LoMS Member
I have checked a variety of theorycrafting threads, sheets and guides and have no substantiated answers to the following questions:

The various anima- or flame- or plasma- epic cache weapons start at lower weapon power for an epic (550, as I recall), because they can be used at L1. They also state that they gain more weapon power as they are empowered-- which of course anything does, but the implication is that they gain it faster until they match "regular" 3-pip epics, mythics and legendaries.

Pop wisdom is that they catch up to regular empowered 3-pips at Mythic 15. I have seen no substantive reports or numbers or screenshots.

So, my question: does anyone have actual confirmation or maths for any of this, or is it all apocrypha?

Do cache epics have the same weapon power at Mythic 15 as "regular" 3-pip epics have when they get to Mythic 15?

What happens after Mythic 15? Do they then maintain parity, or do they keep accelerating and surpass "regular 3-pip epics in weapon power by Mythic 35 and so on into Red?

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

This might be conjecture but I've noticed that purple weps from the plasma crate seem to drop less than the anima-touched or infernal.

This might be conjecture but I've noticed that purple weps from the plasma crate seem to drop less than the anima-touched or infernal.
I believe they are on the same drop table as the clothing, but whereas earlier it was just one whole outfit competing against the weapons, it's now each piece of the outfit (6 parts) that compete.

Drop rate for the purple weapons is unchanged. It's only clothing and blue weapons that you get an increased drop chance for if you haven't pulled one out of a crate recently.

drop rate on the top tier reward increases each time you don't pull one. top tier rewards are pet, sprint, purple weapon. you know you got a top tier reward because the background of the cache is yellow/golden. one of the devs went over it on discord or reddit at some point.

drop rate on the top tier reward increases each time you don't pull one. top tier rewards are pet, sprint, purple weapon. you know you got a top tier reward because the background of the cache is yellow/golden. one of the devs went over it on discord or reddit at some point.

Whilst I have heard this explained before I do wonder based upon personal experience, if the success rate is not calculated in isolation. In other words the chance of a top tier reward is influenced by the 'success' of lower tier drops.

Back