• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Balance Patch - Weapon BiS selections

Elal

LoMS Officer
So with the balance patch looking perhaps a little sooner than later, what is the latest plan for each role BiS? I figure DPS is going to be a much more open race, but for tanking and healing what are our best weapon choices according to our number crunchers thinking?

From what I've remembered of the discussions on both the official forums and the discord, the specifics are still up in the air. For starters, the blood rebalance is not over yet so that will change, and some shotgun kinks need to be ironed out.
The DPS side is somewhat clearer, amusingly: the destruction suffix is getting a huge boost, making it BiS over havoc. And both KSR and the Inverter are getting nerfed, especially with the Blaze getting erased from the game altogether.
So for now, it's still wait and see, far as I can tell.
I can ask, though, if you're interested in the current beta state of things (that's very likely to change, still).

So I've asked the number peeps, and the answer is: it's soon to tell, play the beta to get a feel for stuff, there's no clear BiS yet, and there's more betas to come anyway.

The reply as to weapon types was that there no longer will be a clear BiS (like hammer/AR were for deeps, and the trusty hammer/chaos for tanking), for what it's worth.

For what it's worth as well, I saw nothing about BiS talis, BUT the glyph loadout is set to change a tad. At least for tanks, you'll need a proper tanking glyph set or else NM bosses will punish you for it. I think a second hit glyph for DPS is becoming mandatory as well now scaling goes past E10. No clue for healers though.

Sorry i saw that post a bit late Elal, my browser cache tricked me.
Right now, Chaos main tanking has got the biggest/most complete overhaul. So tanking with chaos main seems to be in a very good spot for the abilities/passives.
Ox is permanently testing the different foci, but Nirvelle is still changing talis and weapons. So a final winner is not set until we reach the "No more changes until publish" state. For dps, the differences between BiS weapons and other ones will not be as big as it used to be, so other choices will be more valid. Utility will play a stronger role for dps in top levels (e.g. bringing impairs or cleanses), so we most probably will continue to have several offhands to choose from according to the fight ahead.

There will def. be some new BiS talismen for tanking and healing roles, but since they are not yet in game, i'm going with the same approach as you: build up a set of maxed fusion-ready ones. We also do not yet know where they will drop (caches, bags, certain activities, ?)

As for the glyphs the layout is fixed:
Tanking is expected/balanced for 2 hit, 1 crit, 5 tanking glyphs. Tanking glyphs can either be 3 evade and 2 glance or 2 evade and 3 glance. Depends on your choice of weapon since some weapons focus on evading attacks, some on glancing them.
Healers are expected to run 5 crit and 3 crit power. Hit does not play a role since healing abilities are set to not glancing (and not triggering reflect shields).
DPS are balanced around the same as before: 2 hit, 4 crit, 2 crit power

Back