• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

TSW Augments info

Ribara

LoMS Officer
Basic overview of all the augments. (Subject to change at any time.)

The new skills for the augments will allow you to increase the max unspent AP you can have:
p0q3WgA.jpg

Each skill increase costs 30 SP. So going from skill 1 to 2 costs the same as going from skill 4 to 5. At skill 1 you increase your max AP pool by 5, at skill 2 it is increased by 15, and at skill 5 you will have increased your max AP pool by 85 compared to the default max of 175. So if you have skill 5 in all the augment skills the new max is 4*85 + 175 = 515.

How to unlock:
To unlock the new skills you will get a new story mission guiding you to the Venice Sunken Library. The portal is on the branch just below the Seoul entrance. The same branch we first opened a filth portal and cleansed. However, you do not need the story mission to go there on your own. So if you want to unlock it before having finished the Transylvania chain of the story you can enter the Sunken Library, then once inside pick up the orange main mission and enter one of the virtual reality chambers. Once you have zoned into the scenario instance the augment skills and the augment wheel is unlocked. You can then leave or continue with the scenario.

Augment list. You can only have one of the same augment on your ability bar at any time.
YWk2Nrf.jpg

How to apply and upgrade augments:
The solo scenarios seems to always drop at least 1 basic green attuned augment of one of the 4 types.
* Attuned Accurate Augment Resonator
* Attuned Mending Augment Resonator
* Attuned Robust Augment Resonator
* Attuned Curing Augment Resonator
Luck dictates if you get more. You will need this basic augment to make and upgrade any and all of the other augments. The border colour of the augments determines rarity and how many of the basic green augments you need to make an attuned version.
* blue border = 2x greens + materials + kit
* "purple" border = 3x greens + materials + kit
* yellow/golden border = 4x greens + materials + kit

For example to make a tier 1 Attuned Miraculous Augment Resonator you need
1 Unattuned Miraculous Augment Resonator
+ 4 Attuned Mending Augment Resonators
+ 60 Pure metal
+ 60 Pure dust
+ 1 Augment Attuning Kit (tier 1)

To make a tier 2 Attuned Miraculous Augment Resonator you need to stack 2 of the tier 1 Attuned Miraculous Augment Resonator, combine with a tier 2 kit, and then click assemble. To make a tier 3 you need to combine 3 of the tier 1 attuned ones, combine with a tier 3 kit, and then click assemble. And so on. So to upgrade from tier 1 to tier 5 you basically need to change 15 Unattuned Miraculous Augment Resonators into attuned versions (1+2+3+4+5=15). The toolkits you need to make the augments are bought from the vendors with the new Aureus of Initiation tokens.
* attuned tier 1 = unattuned drop + materials + tier 1 kit
* attuned tier 2 = 2x attuned tier 1 + tier 2 kit
* attuned tier 3 = 3x attuned tier 1 + tier 3 kit
* attuned tier 4 = 4x attuned tier 1 + tier 4 kit
* attuned tier 5 = 5x attuned tier 1 + tier 5 kit
0k2bdwr.jpg

The same upgrade pattern goes for all the augments. Updated the augment list image to show the resources you need, but did not include the unattuned and attuned resonators you need. Nor the amount you need. The other augment post had that if you want to know the exact amounts of each resource.

You can make and apply augments in any order you like. So you can for example immediately start to upgrade Grievous Augment Resonator if you manage to get the drops. But for obvious reasons you need to have upgraded to for example tier 4 before you can upgrade to tier 5.

Overview of what kind of augments the different abilities currently allow:
MlXZQN1.jpg

Jxh0hiQ.jpg

qPw5rqv.jpg

GBXJmxv.jpg

jMpKQZl.jpg

RZcrFbq.jpg

jr1SXhY.jpg

Kl45fAY.jpg

4mgoxO7.jpg

rNhsQXj.jpg

Daaaamn, nice write-up, Ribara. Thank you :)

To chip in what little I observed on my brief sojourn to the test server: Solo scenarios are currently pretty difficult, primarily due to the distance between the survivor camps and the fact that enemies will attack multiple camps at once. I ended up just forsaking two groups of survivors entirely and just kept one group fully alive - ended with 6/15 survivors remaining (and this was a Normal difficulty run). Got 8 Aurei for that run. It costs 75ish-150 Aurei for the toolkit required to make the higher-level augments. Hoping that better performance gives more Aurei, and that the group scenarios reward more as well.

The difficulty is subject to wild change; I understand that the reason scenarios aren't out yet is because Funcom is VERY MUCH trying to tune their difficulty. If solo scenarios end up losing the "enemies can attack multiple camps at once" aspect, they'll be much more viable imo.

Which augments can be used on which abilities seems to make logical sense; Funcom's approach there was to allow players to improve the existing aspects of each ability, rather than try to turn an ability into something it's not. So any ability w/ any sort of in-tooltip tanking aspect (e.g. Blade Torrent, due to +hate) gets Survivability access, but any ability without an in-tooltip tanking aspect does not, even if it's used often for tanking in practice (e.g. Clearing the Path). More limiting than I was hoping for, but after looking through all the abilities, it does make sense.

Finally, it looks like these augments can result in a SUBSTANTIAL increase in player power over time. The DA/BS nerf makes absolute sense seeing the power of these augments. For one off-the-cuff example, a player could throw on 900 attack rating across 6 abilities, then add either a +7.5% penetration rate or a +15% damage increase onto Shootout when using a STD/EF force-crit build. That's a pretty impressive amount.

The single biggest disappointment to me is that the Rampant augment (+number of targets affected) is a Support augment. No 10-target AOE attacks, unless you're Elemental. :( I'm HUGELY disappointed by this. I think players would benefit a ton from wider Support eligibility on actives.

Very disappointed by the restrictions is all I can say.

Well, IMO the restrictive aspect of this system is mainly based on our expectations. We did hope for more when we first knew about this, without thinking much about how the game would balance itself if those ideas were implemented.
I understand why they made it so "restrictive". It would be a nightmare to balance the game if this restrictions wouldn't be in place.
Overall, I think it's an interesting system. Not a game-changing system, but interesting. A bit like signet 2.0.

Also, there's something called Aegis System also being implemented. No idea about that one, but it is said to be another horizontal progression system.
[article=http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/view/news/read/28955/The-Secret-World-EXCLUSIVE-NEWS-Issue-8-Releasing-Next-Week-Tokyo-Details.html]Speaking of Tokyo, Joel also let loose a few minor details:
Tokyo will include the Aegis system, and Joel cryptically hinted that this will be a massive lateral progression system that will further diversify the build of your characters. [/article]

The tanking resonances seem very lackluster. Undying seems like the only one that is worthwhile. Good thing the tanking abilities also offer damage augment slots.

Have updated my first post a bit.

[...] For one off-the-cuff example, a player could throw on 900 attack rating across 6 abilities, then add either a +7.5% penetration rate or a +15% damage increase onto Shootout when using a STD/EF force-crit build. That's a pretty impressive amount.
Unfortunately(?) you can only have 1 of the same augment active at any time. Kind of like you can only have 1 of the same ability on your bar at any time. But what I ended up doing while testing was to put the basic +attack augment on my very rarely used active ability which I couldn't find a better augment for.

Last edited:
Unfortunately(?) you can only have 1 of the same augment active at any time. Kind of like you can only have 1 of the same ability on your bar at any time. But what I ended up doing while testing was to put the basic +attack augment on my very rarely used active ability which I couldn't find a better augment for.
I figured this was the case. Allowing the potential of +900AP from the most basic of augments sounded just a teensy bit OP.

I did 1 scenerio and completed it but didn't get an attuned augment. Did I miss something maybe?

For me they dropped from the last boss mob in each scenario.
Same here, got a green attuned augment from the final boss at the end. Can be very confusing if you don't know to loot them.

EDIT: The final boss drops a loot bag like you normally see from any other monster that drops loot. You need to loot this item for the augment.

Last edited:
Good lord, thank you for posting all of this. Now to actually put it into practice >_<

To chip in what little I observed on my brief sojourn to the test server: Solo scenarios are currently pretty difficult, primarily due to the distance between the survivor camps and the fact that enemies will attack multiple camps at once. I ended up just forsaking two groups of survivors entirely and just kept one group fully alive - ended with 6/15 survivors remaining (and this was a Normal difficulty run). Got 8 Aurei for that run. It costs 75ish-150 Aurei for the toolkit required to make the higher-level augments. Hoping that better performance gives more Aurei, and that the group scenarios reward more as well.
They may have nerfed it since you tested it on Testlive but I was able to solo all three scenarios on both normal and elite difficulty without any real problems using your solo blade/hammer build. Was able to keep all survivors alive on all three normals and two of three elites. It really comes down to map knowledge, memorizing spawn locations, and knowing which survivor camp that spawn will head to so you can intercept them.

Sadly, the difference in rewards between difficulties and the ranking you get at the end is not that great. You can walk away from an elite solo with a silver and get 7 aureus, or get platinum and earn just 11. I'd have expected a bigger reward for getting a perfect score.

Interesting. According to Nusqum, you can sell/buy augements at the auction house. You can even upgrade augements with kits, and sell/buy those at the auction house. No need to do scenarios if you really hate them.

Yeap, people are already selling them on AH. It's fun to see random prices in a market which fluctuates like crazy, with everyone erring on the side of "ARE YOU CRAZY!?"

Yeap, people are already selling them on AH. It's fun to see random prices in a market which fluctuates like crazy, with everyone erring on the side of "ARE YOU CRAZY!?"
I put a couple of greens at 600k and they were snagged within 30 sec. Not sure if I severely underpriced or not...

Thanks for posting this ... in such a well laid out way too.

I got 5 green augments in two normal solo missions so far, so I don't feel the droprate is too bad. I had no difficulty in normal solo missions with 0 dungeon gear, so that seems like an ok balance to me as well.

While it is light on the story elements, but I am happy with this update so far.

Edit: I notice you posted the passives when showing the categories for the abilities. Do the equipped passives affect the categories of augments you can equip in any way?

Last edited:
Edit: I notice you posted the passives when showing the categories for the abilities. Do the equipped passives affect the categories of augments you can equip in any way?
Nope.
Just me being too lazy to think so just added everything from each of the branches. More clicks, less thinking. And too lazy to change the image cropping once I had automated the process already. :oops:

I got 5 green augments in two normal solo missions so far, so I don't feel the droprate is too bad. I had no difficulty in normal solo missions with 0 dungeon gear, so that seems like an ok balance to me as well.
From what I've seen, 5 green augments in 2 solo missions is higher than the norm. I think I've averaged about 1 per but maybe I'm just unlucky.

Back