• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Are you a picky eater?

Kitarra

Chaos and Ferrets
1515566401802.png

Post your score and what you won't eat. Allergies and medical excuses don't count.

My score is 9 ish: ketchup, mustard, mayo, ranch dressing (actually most dressings), vinegar,olives, onions, celery, cooked fish (except for salmon)

hmmm, there's a couple of things I'd rather not, but not definitely not eating, simply not choosing them. For instance, ketchup (too sweet and boring), and I don't know what ranch dressing may be, sounds supicious, so maybe not choosing it - and tofu is generally, if not a bad idea, at least terribly boring ;)

I see I'll eat everything on the list, so counting the boring variants, a score of 1, maybe 1.5?

Given your ability to eat everything else I would bet that you would like tofu if you had it prepared correctly. Home made tofu is very different from the store bought kind. It is creamy and mildly sweet like a soft unripened cheese. It's delicious. And even commercial tofu can be really awesome is prepared right. I use to be squarely in the camp of "I won't eat tofu" too but after some good experiences I came around.

My score is 7ish. I don't like coffee, shrimps and olives. I am a bit picky about tomatoes. Don't like them to eat as they are but I like sauces with them. Also I don't like every cheese. Some are great but some I can't eat (like Emmenthaler). I have never ever tried snails and oysters in my life, so I can't tell but they are also not really on my "To-do" list.

Given your ability to eat everything else I would bet that you would like tofu if you had it prepared correctly. Home made tofu is very different from the store bought kind. It is creamy and mildly sweet like a soft unripened cheese. It's delicious. And even commercial tofu can be really awesome is prepared right. I use to be squarely in the camp of "I won't eat tofu" too but after some good experiences I came around.
Most probably. I generally eat whatever I'm served, so if I ever get good tofu, then my opinion will change. Not holding my breath or ordering tofu when going out, unless I get a very speficic recommendation though, like: go and order tofu done this way at that place :)

My score is 7ish. I don't like coffee, shrimps and olives. I am a bit picky about tomatoes. Don't like them to eat as they are but I like sauces with them. Also I don't like every cheese. Some are great but some I can't eat (like Emmenthaler). I have never ever tried snails and oysters in my life, so I can't tell but they are also not really on my "To-do" list.
Snails and oysters are alright. There's a bit of a fetish regarding them, though. Oysters will vary a lot depending on where they're fished and how fresh they are. Snails, well, just like tofu, can be good or bad.

Cheeses though, I agree it's difficult to say one'll eat all and any cheeses. There's some extreme things out there, but I'll even have a bit or two of Norsk gammelost (Old Norwegian), especially if served with whisky or akvavit on the side,, and probably needs well-fermented (read: rotten) herring too. It smells worse than it tastes, but not by much :p

hmmm, there's a couple of things I'd rather not, but not definitely not eating, simply not choosing them.
Same here. I am not a fan of olives and grapefruit, so I count those. The same for coffee, so my score is 3. Speaking of which, if milk, coffee and tea are in an eatable state, I defnitely won't choose them neither :p
and probably needs well-fermented (read: rotten) herring too
I saw a report about that one and I don't think I want to try that ;)

Snails and oysters are alright. There's a bit of a fetish regarding them, though. Oysters will vary a lot depending on where they're fished and how fresh they are. Snails, well, just like tofu, can be good or bad.

Cheeses though, I agree it's difficult to say one'll eat all and any cheeses. There's some extreme things out there, but I'll even have a bit or two of Norsk gammelost (Old Norwegian), especially if served with whisky or akvavit on the side,, and probably needs well-fermented (read: rotten) herring too. It smells worse than it tastes, but not by much :p

I think that is true for oysters. My parents once went to friends who served oysters and other things this day. Everyone who ate oysters was sick the next day. That was the only oyster experience anyone in my family had.

But to be honest I am not familiar with all those "exotic" foods. I grew up in a very conservative household at least concerning food. It took years before I even tried Asian food because my parents have always been saying that "Chinese food is disgusting". Today I am far more open minded about new foods and I've tried a lot of things that I missed during childhood.

I saw a report about that one and I don't think I want to try that ;)

I don't think you'd like it, nopes. I've had fermented herring on exactly two occasions, let's say, about ten years apart -- which is as long as it takes me to begin forgetting the smell and taste and think that it may not have been that bad... It's an experience. Needs lots of vodka with a beer chaser (and I would never otherwise drink hard spirits with the food). Now it's been quite a while but I moved to Southern Sweden a good long time ago, and here it's regarded as something only barbarian Northerners will do. Then again, it's not on the list so it doesn't count against the score :p

I have never ever tried snails and oysters in my life, so I can't tell but they are also not really on my "To-do" list.

Oysters are not my favorite thing. Raw they are sorta salty-lemony-oceany. Cooked they are just sorta what ever the flavor of the coating plus a little ocean.

Snails on the other hand basically are really a conveyance for garlic and butter. They are a slight rubbery texture that has garlic on it.

Oysters are not my favorite thing. Raw they are sorta salty-lemony-oceany. Cooked they are just sorta what ever the flavor of the coating plus a little ocean.

Snails on the other hand basically are really a conveyance for garlic and butter. They are a slight rubbery texture that has garlic on it.

Thanks for these information. Oysters sound more interesting than snails. I don't like rubbery food :D

The odder the foodstuffs, the more exacting preparation they need. Escargots au gratin (snails done the French way) is a way of eating them without tasting anything else than garlic and butter.

In Lisbon you can order caracoletas as a side dish to your beer: these are small snails in their shell, that've been fed on oregano and then starved for a time (several days I think). Then, they're braised much like mussels Provencale and you're provided a pin which you use to pick them out of their shell. Still rubbery, that's their texture, and there's some garlic too, but they're not smothered.

Woot! (and surströmming?)

No surströmming! No maggot cheese either, thank you very much.

I will however eat most cheeses. Limburger not withstanding. I tasted it once. It tasted like what I would imagine it would be like to lick the foot of a rotten corpse. Not that I have ever tried that.

The reference to surströmming was me yanking Wraith's chain, who lives in or very close to what I'd call surströmming country :p

Never tried maggotty cheese (and on that note, does it taste like maggotty corpse?). It's on the list. The cheese. Although I've tried a few maggots, dried, as chips. Not bad but generally boring, need salt and chili or a dip. Not having tried either rotten corpses (SWL notwithstanding) or Limburger, I couldn't tell the difference. But I'll make a point of testing at least the Limburger side of the theory :D

Back