• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Anyone interested in a newbie progression group for Elite Dungeons?

Wargrum

LoMS Member
Hi there everyone,

My favoured role in TSW has always been that of the Tank. Mainly because the tanking weapons (ie melee weapons) were always the ones I found most fun to play, and also because tanking was just so damn fun and interesting in the wonderful elite & nightmare dungeons they created. (I'm looking at you Ankh - most fun tanking dungeon ever!)

Sadly learning how the dungeons work and how to best do your preferred role, no longer happens as you "level" up in this game. So I've hit 50, and can now explore true group content again, but I have no clear idea of how that content works now. The few dungeon runs I've done, have been with groups that were so overgeared compared to Elite 1 content, that if I was a little slow running between bosses, the boss could be dead before I arrived. :) (This didn't happen - LOMS peeps are more considerate than that. But the bosses died so fast it really could have).

So - what I'm wondering is, are there some other Loms players out there that have just returned and are working through this learning curve, that would like to get together once or twice a week to do these early elites roughly at level to learn (or relearn in my case) the content, and how the new mechanics work? And then perhaps progress together as we improve our gear?

My current gear level is about 190ish. Its a mix of Purple and Blue gear with Blue or Green Glyphs, and Blue signets where I can actually slot them. The blue stuff is usually fully leveled... the purples not so much.

My timezone is GMT +12 (New Zealand), and i'm usually available a couple of nights Monday-Friday between 7pm and midnight, and I can probably work around most times during the weekend with a bit of notice. If we can settle on a regular time-slot during the week and one for the weekend.... that would be truly awesome.

Like I said at the start... my preferred role is Tank, but I'm happy to share that role if others are gearing up for that too. DPS experience is always valuable too. Don't ask me to heal... we'll all die.

Cheers,
Warg

As an out and out n00b and a bit of a clutz, I would love this as a means to develop.... I still make the most basic of errors though - so I don't want to be a hindrance....

I a on the opposite time zone to you (GMT) so may not be able to help.
However if I'm on and you need assistance with healing then I will come along.
As for making basic errors, we all do so don't worry about it, the best way to learn is from making mistakes and realising what went wrong :)

Awesome!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same sort of thing when it comes to role based stuff. My first few runs with LOMS in Lairs and Dungeons I made some spectacular new guy stuff ups. (Didn't pick up all the quests in the lair - that was massively embarrassing, dragged unnecessary mobs in the dungeon).

I remember enough about most of the boss fights I've done so far, that I'm not stepping into stuff that will kill me, but thats about all I'm getting right at the moment. :) Energy management with the weapons is totally kicking my butt, and I run out of gas at really annoying times. Low energy also seems to stop interrupts working sometimes too - that could be hugely embarrassing if I'm tanking.

I have no problem wiping lots while I learn mechanics. I like challenging content. I think its sad that they removed that group content from the levelling game. Progressing from the early dungeons to the Elite dungeons in the old game was HARD. But massively fun, and really satisfying.

Warg

Back