• Season 2 of Secret World Legends is now live with Dawn of the Morninglight!

Please avoid posting any story spoilers on the forums. If you must share info or ask for help with a mission, be sure to use a [spoiler] tag!

Antipodean Notes

Bagofcats

Cat Delivery System
Staff member
Officer
Slayer of Spam
We arrived, safely and thoroughly airplane-bashed, at my brother's place. Not missing SWL yet, haven't had time... Fine late summer weather, in the mid-twenties. We spent yesterday running errands, like getting local phone chips and generally provisioning (my brother's family is not into more advanced cooking than throwing a selected piece of a cow on the barbie). So no sadistic pics of sunny beaches and whatnot. Yet.

In the meantime, here's a cat :cool:

20180228_093702.jpg

Can't have cloudy days every day. Today I decided that enough was enough and got my lazy butt out of the hammock and down to the beach, tennish in the morning. Went by the life guards' shack, chat a bit. They were drinking tea, nothing else much to do -- that's how we like it.

Fifty metres from my brother's house, to the west:
west.jpg

and to the east:
east.jpg

It's been a while since last post. Vacation took a serious dive into travelling around country, and then, this last week, a bit of big-town living doing the rounds of the good eats and craft beer places.

One of the very last -- or the first of a retro/revival of a traditional craft: the Wandering Knife-sharpener. Bikes around and blows a characteristic tune on his whistle. People will come out with their dull knives for sharpening. I note he has upgraded to a mountainbike :)
afilador.jpg

In an overwhelmingly meat-eating country, I have to wonder if this counts as self-irony?
carne.jpg

This, now, is beautifully self-ironic (it's outside a stylist's shop)
rubias.jpg

Starting the last week of travelling. Beautiful weather again, as it should be. The frog got caught between two panes of the window, way back when. It's been protecting the house ever since. Probably.
fishing.jpg

frog.jpg

Same place, less placid. It was a bit difficult to stand straight, much less hold the horisont, well, horisontal

east2.jpg

west2.jpg

Long Friday Barbie, a tradition with my niece (another one of them) and her mates

longfriday.jpg

And we're back! To this... at least there's no snow, small mercies ;)
(and my internet connection missed me so much it's not talking to me :rolleyes: - I hope it gets sorted before this weekend.

folkets.jpg

I feel your pain. Skizz and I had just infiltrated the Morninglight when our Internet connection quit. I called the tech support line and the recording said they were doing maintenance. WHAT? We are trying to save the world here!

Hope it gets fixed soon!

I feel your pain. Skizz and I had just infiltrated the Morninglight when our Internet connection quit. I called the tech support line and the recording said they were doing maintenance. WHAT? We are trying to save the world here!

lol! I think it's just the modem that's fried. I'm waiting for my modem dealer to wake up and maybe I'll get this fixed today. If not, I'll got and buy a new modem. Not the best of times, trip just about cleaned me out :p -- the alternative would be 'camping' at the office (good machine and the broadest of bands, but it's not home). Anyway, can't be without the 'netz, even when not saving the world :D

Back